Tue, Sep 01|
IDFPR, JRTC, 9th Floor
Make OCTOBER 2020 your licensure renewal DEADLINE
To receive renewal notice from IDFPR, make sure that your email is current and up to date via their website. As long as your renewal is submitted correctly, it will take IDFPR approximately 12 weeks to process your renewal. Due to volume, early renewals will be processed faster.
Time & Location
Sep 01, 2020, 7:00 AM – Nov 30, 2020, 2:00 PM
IDFPR, JRTC, 9th Floor, 100 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
About the event
TIPS FOR SMOOTH LICENSURE RENEWAL:
- To receive notification from IDFPR for licensure renewal, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EMAIL IS UP TO DATE
- You will need to do this on IDFPR's website
- Do this before January 15, 2020
- If ALL submitted paperwork and payment is CORRECT, it will take IDFPR A MINIMUM OF 8 WEEKS to process your renewal from the date of receipt of when the check is cleared or payment processed. The payment processing date is not the equivalent date of online submission.
- This means your hard deadline to renew should be NO LATER than Thursday, March 5, 2020.
- Earlier submissions will be CLEARED FASTER due to less volume of licenses to process.
- For renewals submitted in February and March, expect 8 weeks minimum for processing, for renewals that are complete without any errors.
- Licenses received in April will take LONGER to process due to a higher volume of license renewals received.
- For renewals submitted in April, expect 12-16 weeks minimum for processing, for renewals that are complete without any errors, due to volume.
- You may check the status of your license online through IDFPR's website. However:
- You will not see an update of status until approximately 8 WEEKS of early submission. (see above).
- IDFPR's website is updated regularly each evening, at least.
- IF YOU FILE AFTER THE DEADLINE:
- Your license may be suspended until the renewal is processed and current.
- IDFPR will not be able to expedite your renewal to meet yours or your firms needs, even if you are very sorry that you missed the filing deadline.
- Months of advanced notice is given to prevent these types of circumstances.
- By law, IDFPR is required to process licenses in the order that they are received.
- By law, if a member of the General Assembly contacts IDFPR to expedite any type of license:
- IDFPR is required to report that request to their Agency Ethics Officer AND to the Inspector General's Office.
- This report would contain the name of the legislator, the name of the licensee, and the name of the licensing entity.
- This report could be subject to FOIA. Which means that it could be open to public information and therefore to the media.
- Have questions about the status of your license? You may contact IDFPR or your Legislator.
- Wait at least 4 weeks after submitting your paperwork before contacting IDFPR or your Legislator.
- It will take at least this long for IDPFR to have your processing status added to their system.
- This is not the same things as a completed renewal.
- Having your renewal information in their system means that it has begun the processing process, and
- That they should able to quickly confirm receipt and if there is anything that will delay the process.
- Before you call, you will need to have the following information to provide to IDFPR or to your Legislator's office:
- Check number and date cleared
- Date paperwork was mailed or received or date submitted online
- The last (4) of your SSN and DOB
- Never put this information in an email.
- It is against the law for your legislator to request IDFPR or any other state agency to expedite any type of licensure.
- By law, all licenses will be processed in the order received.
- Questions you or your Legislator's office may ask IDFPR:
- What is the status of my license renewal?
- Is all of my paperwork correct and the amount paid correct?
- Is there anything that I need to correct or anything that may hold up my renewal process?
- Approximately when will my license be renewal be complete?
IN SHORT :Mark your calendar and be sure to file your renewals by MARCH !