What Pericles said centuries ago still rings true: "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you."
In just over one week, we will have our annual lobby day on behalf of the profession. Tuesday, March 28th is the day for architects to take their message to lawmakers in Springfield. And that message is a simple one. Architects are ready, willing and able to help get the Illinois economy moving again. But we need your help.
No one can share our message quite as well was you. Because your voice matters and your vote counts.
Join with your colleagues on 3/28/17 in Springfield to network with government officials and your fellow AIA Illinois members.
REGISTER for PRAIRIE GRASSROOTS
Read our Guide for legislative advocacy HERE.
- Your choice of two locations for Complimentary Bus Travel
Chicago: 7:45 am Pickup at the Merchandise Mart
Joliet: 9:00 am Pickup at the Park and Stop off I-55 Exit 257,
Sponsored by: AIA Chicago, AIA Eastern, AIA Northeast and KONE
- 11:30 am Registration at Statehouse Inn, 101 East Adams, Springfield
- Noon - 2 pm Legislative & Issues Briefing at Statehouse Inn, Sponsored by Holmes Murphy
- 2 - 4 pm Legislative Visits
- 4 - 6 pm Legislator of the Year Reception at Resource One, 321 E Adams St, Springfield, Sponsored by Knoll
- 6 pm Fr ee transportation departs for Chicagoland.